The Vertical Flight Society now has 100 hours of online videos related to electric VTOL/UAM aircraft and technology.
Available to the Public for Free
Subscribe to the VFS YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/VTOLsociety for the latest news and educational videos on vertical flight, including:
- Electric VTOL Interview Series — new!
- VFS eVTOL Webinars
- VFS videos from HAI Heli-Expo 2020, Anaheim, CA, Jan 27-30
- Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE) on Oct. 22-24, 2019 video interviews of executives at Bell and XTI Aircraft Company, as posted on the VFS YouTube Channel.
- VFS produced in-depth video interviews of executives from A³ by Airbus (Vahana) and Opener (BlackFly) about their eVTOL aircraft at the Experimental Aviation Association’s AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin in July.
- VFS co-sponsored the CAFE Foundation’s 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium, held July 20-21, 2019, at University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. EAS 2019 was held in conjunction with the Experimental Aviation Association’s annual AirVenture in Oshkosh, July 22-28. Two dozen of the world’s leading electric aircraft developers and technology experts spoke at EAS 2019, all of which are available for free viewing in 26 videos on the VFS YouTube Channel. Don’t have time to watch all the videos? We’ve summarized the key points for each speaker!
- YouTube Playlist: Heli-Expo 2019
- VFS briefing at Heli-Expo 2018 on The Electric VTOL Revolution (53 minutes)
- RPI Center for Mobility with Vertical Lift (6 videos/6.2 hours)
- CAFE Electric Aircraft Symposium (19 videos/9 hours)
Available to VFS Members for Free
The special sessions are available for free viewing by all current VFS members. (Not a member? Join today!)
- VFS Panel at Heli-Expo 2020: The ((Quiet)) The Electric VTOL Revolution
- 7th Annual Electric VTOL Symposium, San Jose, CA, Jan 21-2l: 40 videos of the plenary and eVTOL presentations – more than 20 hours of video are available free to VFS members only. (VFS members can also download PDFs of the presentations for free from the VFS Vertical Flight Library.)
- Special sessions and plenary events at Forum 75, May 13-17, 2019. 18 videos totaling more than 30 hours are available for viewing at no cost to VFS members.
- Forum 75 Special Session 7: Urban Air Mobility Innovations
- Forum 75 Special Session 8: Challenges in Electric VTOL
- Forum 75 Special Session 9: UAM System Safety Panel
- Forum 75 Special Session 10: Progress in Development of Electric VTOL
- eVTOL Symposium 2019: 6th Annual Electric VTOL Symposium (18+ hours / 50+ videos)
- Forum 74: The Promise and Progress of eVTOL (3.5 hours)
- Forum 74: Challenges of eVTOL (2 hours)
- Forum 74: Flight Qualification & Certification (2.75 hours — also available to the public at no charge)
PDFs of the individual Forum 74 presentations and Forum 75 presentations are available for purchase in the Vertical Flight Library; CD-ROMs of each Forum’s special session presentations are also for sale.
Pay Per View
The following videos are available for video-on-demand sales. Each video is $275 and can be played repeatedly for up to one year from the date of purchase. Each is between 5 and 7 hours of video instruction.
- Short Course on Electric VTOL Technology: Video-on-demand for the latest 7-hour eVTOL short course taught by Dr. Anubhav Datta, University of Maryland.
- Electric VTOL Design Short Course, Jan 2019: This 7-hour course, taught by renowned eVTOL designer Dr. James Wang, provides an overview of the unique design challenges and opportunities of this new class of vehicles. Both electric and hybrid-electric passenger-carrying vertical flight aircraft are covered for a variety of missions ranging from personal/private use to urban air taxis to regional electric VTOL bizjets. Download the course description for this insightful course.
- Rotorcraft Modeling Short Course, May 2018: This 5-hour course was held in conjunction with Forum 74 and reviews various rotorcraft configurations and the challenges they represent, examines how static and periodic trim are achieved, and explores blade dynamics, rotor aerodynamics and wake modelling.
- Electric VTOL Fundamental Short Course, May 2018: The Vertical Flight Society’s inaugural Short Course on Electric VTOL Technology was held in conjunction with Forum 74. The 5-hour online course includes lectures on fundamentals of eVTOL, permanent magnet motors and hybrid electric VTOL experience.
More courses and videos coming soon!